Home Forum Racing, Training & Coaching Track & Field YDL 2017 and beyond

This topic contains 197 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark E Mark E 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 196 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

Questions for MarkE.

I believe this years UKYDL is now done and dusted. From your perspective how do you think it went ?…pros and cons ?
    It wont be long until this years AGM…..Do you think a few old issues will be raised yet again?
    I noticed on the UKYDL website ‘league table’ that both Southern and Northern Upper leagues had examples of clubs being penalised for allowing a few unregistered youngster to attend and compete ? Also these two areas had various examples of falling foul of league rules in section ????

#159333 Reply
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

….of falling foul of league rules in section 11 ?

#159338 Reply
    Profile photo of Mark E
    Mark E

Not enough time to tell you what I think. There were a number of issues that will need to be addressed. A few points for starters:

The Lower Age seems to work well and provides excellent competition.

In the Midlands we have tried to think outside the box and this season we extended our ‘regionalisation’ by developing a flat geographical structure below the Premier Division(s). This seems to have worked well for the lower age but the upper age encountered some difficulties where certain teams dominated their Division.

A big issue was finance. The finals cost far too much money and it seems like it is hijacked by the inner sanctum of National Officials. The clubs successfully run matches all season but appear to be frozen out of the Finals.

The upper age itself suffers massively from drop outs and availability issues in all but the opening round. Year 2 U17 and U20 athletes are bombed out by exams and then disappear on holiday from the end of June.

Loads of other issues but I may save them for the AGM. I will probably propose a realignment of the points to reduce the emphathis on quantity of athletes.

Viewing 3 posts - 196 through 198 (of 198 total)
Reply To: YDL 2017 and beyond
Your information: