Home Forum Racing, Training & Coaching Track & Field YDL 2017 and beyond

This topic contains 152 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  john bicourt 1 hour, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

Lets face it, the bigger clubs will always gain more points than a medium and smaller sized clubs . This is simply because they can enter more ‘B athletes on the track. Below the Premier divisions there continues be large gaps in the ‘B’ races. This means that even by match 2 the league leaders will invariably become the league winners. Its like a tug of war with the bigger clubs having a few extra tuggers on their end of the rope.
    I propose the UKYDL should look at, and consider, if there is merit changing the ‘warded points’ so that the value of the A athletes is far greater than the B athletes. ??
    Eg. 6 Team match :
    Current points : A – 9,7,6,5,4,3. B 7,5,4,3,2,1
    I propose : A – 15,13,12,11,10,9 and B 6, 5,4, 3,2,1

#158120 Reply
    Profile photo of Mark E
    Mark E

SLL….I agree totally.

In fact I would go further and award the following for 6 team matches.

A – 9/7/5/4/3/2/1
    B – 5/3/1

This would remove the incentive to put a B athlete in to score a point.

It is the thin end of the wedge.

Interestingly the Midland YDLU structure below Premier level is getting mixed reviews. One of the Divisions, they are split geographically, has 1 very strong team in it and they are totally dominant, although in fairness the others are far closer.

#158400 Reply

john bicourt

This has appeared on the PO10 website, hosted by Athletics Weekly, and paid for by lottery money to the tune of c£250,000
    “RESULTS TO BE PROVIDED BY HOST CLUBS – WE CANNOT USE THE PDF’S ON THE YDL WEBSITE”
    This means PO10 require the volunteers, who run the YDL, must now provide the results in an XL spreadsheet format so that AW can just press a button and upload without doing any work themselves (which is what they and UKA are receiving lottery money to do….in “Driving British athletics”!) ………..But the unfunded topsinathletics.com provides full YDL results by doing the work themselves to format the normally sent PDF’s from the YDL Volunteers.
    http://www.ukydl.org.uk/

And a response from Debbie Gunning: “Before that a copy of results is sent to Team Managers who have 24 hours to check all the results, then amend them if need be, then produce the spreadsheet, all this after a full day in the case of lower age group dealing with young athletes and their parents.” !

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
Reply To: YDL 2017 and beyond
Your information: