Home Forum General Stuff Team-Personal-Best ,has you Club signed up ?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Zac 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fangio
    Fangio

Any athletics clubs are free to do that too. I believe Zak pointed out some in Middlesex have. But not within any national structure.

#158377 Reply

Zac

When Sport England started their looting of athletics, several of their trojan horse employees who infiltrated my club, pointed out to me that individuals participating in other sports paid vastly more than athletes.
    It said more about them, and the ease with which they demanded others peoples money, than it did about athletics. This is why I identified them as looters.
    Athletics was able to provide sport on the cheap because it had a large voluntary labour force. If clubs and organisations wish to ask participants to pay for an activity, that is up to them.
    One of the many things I object to, is a bunch of charlatans marching into athletics, claiming to be in charge, then requiring money for no benefit or services in return.
    I am happy to pay club subscriptions, and I am happy to pay entry fees into competitions. The value these two entities offer is transparently obvious.
    The laughable value that UK Athletics pretend to offer appears to be merely a worthless insurance scheme, which has only ever been used to pay lawyers to fight claims from athletes or coaches.
    Anyway I have sent off my Freedom of Information requests relating to “Team Personal-Best”, and I expect to discover it is just another bucket for Sport England to urinate public money into. In return they get the welcome feedback they need in order to keep the gravy train rolling on.

#158415 Reply
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

Thanks Zac.
    Tonight’s the Night !…………Well maybe.
    England Athletics “Team Personal Best” staff will be giving their presentation/workshop at Queen Elizabeth Olympics Park, 5.30 -8.00pm….Its been very well publicized, including emails to clubs and officials and wider afield using social Media.eg Facebook……However, only 2 people have clicked to say they are attending so far….one a CEO of a commercial swimming company….and the other (bless him) an athlete ……..Lets hope that the cost of providing this wonderful service to the athletics and sports club community in London attracts a bumper turnout tonight.

#158416 Reply

Zac

http://www.teampersonalbest.org/events/1183
    UK Sport have responded with the “I know nothing”, and “Nothing to do us guv” standard reply.
    Look forward to receiving the Sport England Reply.

#158417 Reply

Zac

This tweet reminds of one of those Lebanon hostage photographs from the 1980’s.

#158825 Reply
    southlondonllad

England Athletics are urging us to ‘get our thinking caps on’.
    After my post regarding EA’s attempt to generate wider engagement with the local Bowls club, today, I laughed out loud at their latest initiative …….Brass Bands …well ,never in a month of Sundays would I have seen this one coming. !!

http://www.teampersonalbest.org/news/439524
    England Athletics are keen to get all communities involved in creating a buzz around the Championships and are hosting a competition specifically for Brass Bands.
    “The competition named ‘Brass the Baton Conducting Relay’ .Bands are challenged to host an conducting relay made up of members of the audience during one of their performances over the summer. Heidi said “most bands at some point in the past have got an audience member up to conduct a piece, this competition involves getting as many audience members as possible conducting during a piece. Each member will conduct a few bars before passing the Baton on to the next person.”
    Jane Stewart, Head of the Inspiration Program at England Athletics said “We are encouraging members of many different communities to get involved in supporting the championships. Brass Bands are a cornerstone of our heritage so it feels fitting to get them involved. There will bonus points awarded for bands who demonstrate and further links to Athletics so get your thinking caps on.”
    http://www.teampersonalbest.org/news/439524

#159183 Reply

Zac

Information Requested:
    The size of the grant allocated by Sport England to this initiative
    Information Provided:
    Sport England has provided two awards in support of the Team Personal Best initiative, an award of £91.5k under the Community Funding Strand and a separate award of £143,650 under the Disability Strand.
    Information Requested:
    The agreed Key Performance Indicators for this initiative
    Information Provided:
    The KPIs for the Community Strand funding are:
    1) A 5% increase in the number of affiliated athletes, generating £200,000 in England Athletics
    2) Secure £50,000 into athletics and running in London
    3) The KPIs for the Disability Strand funding are:
    a) Increase the number of people participating in athletics – using the IAAF and IPC Championships to engage 3000 participants
    b) Improve the workforce – through a disability summit with 100 coaches, 100 officials and 50 individuals engaged in the project
    c) Opportunities for sustainable participation through the creation of 10 beacon clubs.
    Information Requested:
    The period between which the funding should be spent and the KPIs reported on.
    Information Provided:
    The Community Strand funding timescale was nine months from January 2017 with reporting due in October 2017. The Disability Strand Funding was also for nine months from January 2017 with the first report due during August 2017.

#159189 Reply
    southlondonllad

Thanks Zac……I shall resist (this time) from being flippant and wait for their 2 reports to see how they will comment on their successes against the set KPI’s……this is assuming their 2 Reports will be made public.

#159194 Reply

Zac

I am tempted to request that the 5% be defined as a number. Based on 2 million participants, which is the joke figure they are claiming as the current level (participating 1 once per week for at least 30 minutes) that is 100,000 more people
    The “Beacon Clubs” appear to be a simple way for siphoning public money into the remnants of the 10 political regions which Sport England still cling’s to. I presume they will follow the swimming model.

Introducing Swim England Beacon Programmes

With one dead para athlete, a medal target fail following the home World Championships, a scandalous doping report due to be published by the DCMS Parliamentary select committee and Ed Warner jumping ship, I get the feeling the athletics gravy train is destined to run out of track very soon.

#159198 Reply

Mark W

You pitiful little man, you make up things to suit your distorted agenda! What is worse people believe your venom…

In terms of disability, Clubs put in proposals to be considered as Beacon clubs, this was decided by an alternate process with representation from across the sport only one of whom was directly linked to EA, the remainder made up of people directly involved in disability sport or an independent member with an interest across the whole sport including the promotion of disability athletics.

You now indulge in the lie that the 6 medal target was not reached… At least you chose to spread this calumny after the event rather than during the actual competition period like one other bitter twisted individual here you is so wrapped up his own perverted logic that he cannot see it as insulting to athlete or coach… Especially those who do not see a penny in funding.

The worst piece of hate you now attempt to spread relates to a death which is yet to be publicly ruled on by the HSE on a facility managed by other authorities, do the depths you wish to sink to know no bounds?

#159271 Reply

Zac

My agenda is not distorted, it is very clear.
    1) End all public funding for athletics administration.
    2) Government funding of athletics should be restricted to facilities.
    3) Local councils should be given a legal obligation to provide affordable sports facilities for the community.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Team-Personal-Best ,has you Club signed up ?
Your information: