Home Forum General Stuff Team-Personal-Best ,has you Club signed up ?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Zac 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fangio
    Fangio

Any athletics clubs are free to do that too. I believe Zak pointed out some in Middlesex have. But not within any national structure.

#158377 Reply

Zac

When Sport England started their looting of athletics, several of their trojan horse employees who infiltrated my club, pointed out to me that individuals participating in other sports paid vastly more than athletes.
    It said more about them, and the ease with which they demanded others peoples money, than it did about athletics. This is why I identified them as looters.
    Athletics was able to provide sport on the cheap because it had a large voluntary labour force. If clubs and organisations wish to ask participants to pay for an activity, that is up to them.
    One of the many things I object to, is a bunch of charlatans marching into athletics, claiming to be in charge, then requiring money for no benefit or services in return.
    I am happy to pay club subscriptions, and I am happy to pay entry fees into competitions. The value these two entities offer is transparently obvious.
    The laughable value that UK Athletics pretend to offer appears to be merely a worthless insurance scheme, which has only ever been used to pay lawyers to fight claims from athletes or coaches.
    Anyway I have sent off my Freedom of Information requests relating to “Team Personal-Best”, and I expect to discover it is just another bucket for Sport England to urinate public money into. In return they get the welcome feedback they need in order to keep the gravy train rolling on.

#158415 Reply
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

Thanks Zac.
    Tonight’s the Night !…………Well maybe.
    England Athletics “Team Personal Best” staff will be giving their presentation/workshop at Queen Elizabeth Olympics Park, 5.30 -8.00pm….Its been very well publicized, including emails to clubs and officials and wider afield using social Media.eg Facebook……However, only 2 people have clicked to say they are attending so far….one a CEO of a commercial swimming company….and the other (bless him) an athlete ……..Lets hope that the cost of providing this wonderful service to the athletics and sports club community in London attracts a bumper turnout tonight.

#158416 Reply

Zac

http://www.teampersonalbest.org/events/1183
    UK Sport have responded with the “I know nothing”, and “Nothing to do us guv” standard reply.
    Look forward to receiving the Sport England Reply.

#158417 Reply

Zac

This tweet reminds of one of those Lebanon hostage photographs from the 1980’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Team-Personal-Best ,has you Club signed up ?
Your information: