Home Forum General Stuff Officials: No Such Thing as a FREE Lunch

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of southlondonllad southlondonllad 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

Its been a busy Easter Weekend for the legions of volunteer officials and helpers. I’m very pleased to say I received excellent free lunches and hot drinks at the two Open meetings I attended. Long may it continue ! As always, it’s so nice to get many “Thank-You”s from athletes ,of all ages who do field events. It’s much appreciated. It was a parent who asked me “Why do the poor old (usually very old) Track officials hardly even got a ‘nod’ let alone a verbal “Thank-You” We had an interesting chat about this . I’ve no doubt that athletes are appreciative of all the officials who turn up, whatever the weather. As we all know it’s the Track & Field Officials that ensures athletes have fair and meaningful competitions……In my opinion, this makes Officials( albeit there are a few high-and-mighty- I’m vital- Prima Donnas, I sadly rarely come across) a few steps further up the ‘importance ‘ ladder compared with Coaches . We all know many coaches who ARE worth their weight in gold ( or think they are) ……..but ……?(think best I keep my other thoughts to myself on this one……..for the time being)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Officials: No Such Thing as a FREE Lunch
Your information: