Home Forum Racing, Training & Coaching Track & Field Nitro Athletics- Will you be watching ?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of southlondonllad southlonllad 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Mark W

SLL Reread your own remarks!
    “The female Ozzie ‘cheer leader’ with the infuriating high pitched voice who kept crossing the field to encourage her team mates every 200m’s was such a great role model…………. and lucky the Javelin had just finished”. AKA Gen Lecaze QED

Armchair critic? Sour individual?

#156789 Reply
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlonllad

Yes. You got me there…. I hold my hands and admit I was definitely an Armchair Critic.
    Sadly, And please excuse my ignorance but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by “AKA Gen Lecaze QED”

#156795 Reply

Mark W

The Blonde you made snide remarks about is Gen Lecaze an athlete of some ability

To help your understanding of a simple english abbreviation AKA= “Also known as”

QED? When I was a simple young lad of 14 or 15, back in the days of those ‘Sunny uplands’, you and others hark back to, the Early 1970s’ (in what I was informed by people here in Britain, was an inferior education system compared to England) in mathematics, I learned the following:

QED is an abbreviation of the Latin words “Quod Erat Demonstrandum” which loosely translated means “that which was to be demonstrated”. It is usually placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate that the proof is complete.

Perhaps the dumb colonials did learn something even in working and lower middle class schools despite not having the benefit of the high standard education on offer in England.

#156797 Reply
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlonllad

Well that told me ! No doubt Professor Nimmo would be proud of you too. You have definitely won the argument and I have now obtained an inferiority complex.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Nitro Athletics- Will you be watching ?
Your information: