Home Forum General Stuff England Athletic 2017 Consultation Survey – Crazy ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of southlondonllad southlondonllad 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of southlondonllad
    southlondonllad

You don’t need to be bonkers to volunteer in Athletics, but it helps , possibly ?
    This years England Athletics ‘War & Peace’ Consultation Survey needs both stamina and determination to complete it . Warning :- Is not a sprint but a marathon….. ( I cant think of any more clichés )…. EA, having put the frighteners on you with the option to increase registration fee by up to £6 they then hit you with numerous questions about your ‘mental state of mind’ with questions numbered 42 to 45 being my favorites (see below)..

42. Overall, how satisfied are you with your life?

(On a 0-10 scale, where 0 is not satisfied at all and 10 is completely satisfied)
    43. Overall, how much do you feel the things you do in your life are worthwhile?

(On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is not at all worthwhile and 10 is completely worthwhile)
    44. Overall, how happy did you feel yesterday?

(On a 0-10 scale, where 0 is not at all happy and 10 is completely happy)
    45. Overall, how anxious did you feel yesterday?
    (On a 0-10 scale, where 0 is not at all happy and 10 is completely happy)

#157760 Reply
    Profile photo of BillLaws
    billaws

SLL. Please put up link so interested clubs can easily access.
    This is typical of quangoes. They pretend to consult by putting up lengthy multi question questionnaires and slip in some really important items. Why not just a straight mailing to all clubs asking if they wish to have their athletes’ affiliation fees increased by £6 per annum. They know they would get a rude response.
    No doubt they have paid some consultants to produce the latest document.

#157762 Reply

Mark W

Bill, my response to your comment:
    “Why not just a straight mailing to all clubs asking if they wish to have their athletes’ affiliation fees increased by £6 per annum…”

would be, do clubs tell there members what to think? Are members incapable of independent thought? Are you saying that some athletes in some clubs are not being asked to put their hand in their own pockets to be involved in the sport, the clubs own them like Chattels?

The access to the consultation is freely available. Try the website or social media, the self same tools athletes say they prefer.The weekly newsletter, emailed to ALL members who bother to tick the box can be found at:

http://www.englandathletics.org/england-athletics-news/england-athletics-2017-consultation

I get angry with myself for being afflicted from ‘Victor Meldrewism’. Some seem to have terminal cases.

#157763 Reply
    southlondonllad

Bill , the link I used was as follows: htps://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5LHGQDJ

I do find it odd that mental health type questions slipped in on this England Athletics commissioned survey… Although I had a little fun completing those inappropriate questions ( and a touch disappointed they didn’t include a question ” And how are you feeling Today ?) …personally I don’t thinks its the right place for such questions for children (registered young athletes) who would have received the same EA email I did…….

When will the NGB get back to basis….andd stop this Health programme agenda ?

#157764 Reply
    southlondonllad

think you may have to cut and paste the link htps://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5LHGQDJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: England Athletic 2017 Consultation Survey – Crazy ?
Your information: